IFIC Announces Board of Directors for 2022-2023
September 8, 2022 (Toronto) – The Investment Funds Institute of Canada (IFIC) is pleased to announce the members of its Board of Directors for 2022-2023.
At its annual meeting, IFIC welcomed three new directors to the Board: Michael Konopaski, CEO, Designed Investments Ltd.; Robert Ruffolo, Vice President, Business Development, PEAK Investment Services Inc.; and Oricia Smith, President, SLGI Asset Management Inc. and Senior Vice President, Investment Solutions, Sun Life Canada.
“I am pleased to welcome these new directors to IFIC’s Board at this exciting and important time for our industry,” said Rick Headrick, IFIC Board Chair. “I would also like to thank our CEO Paul Bourque and my fellow directors for contributing their deep expertise to industry discussions through this very busy period of rulemaking and consequential regulatory consultations.”
Below is the full list of the IFIC Board of Directors for 2022-2023:
- Rick Headrick (Chair), President, Capital International Asset Management (Canada)
- Judy Goldring, President and Head of Global Distribution, AGF Investments (Vice-Chair)
- Carol Lynde (Past Chair), President and CEO, Bridgehouse Asset Managers
- John Adams, CEO, PFSL Investments Canada
- George Aguiar, President and CEO, GP Wealth Management Corporation
- Kathleen Bock, Head of Vanguard Americas and Managing Director, Vanguard Canada
- Paul Bourque, President and CEO, The Investment Funds Institute of Canada
- Chris Boyle, Senior Vice President, Head of Global Institutional, Dealer and Strategic Partnerships, Mackenzie Investments
- Marie Brault, Vice President, Legal Services, Legal and Regulatory Affairs/National Bank Investments Inc. (Vice Chair – CFIQ)
- Sian Burgess, Senior Vice President, Fund Oversight, Fidelity Investments Canada ULC
- Bill Charles, President and CEO, Global Maxfin Investments
- Nelson Cheng, CEO, Sterling Mutuals
- Warren Collier, Managing Director, BlackRock Asset Management Canada
- Bruce Cooper, CEO, TD Asset Management
- Stuart Graham, President and Managing Director, PIMCO Canada
- Duane Green, President and CEO, Franklin Templeton Investments Canada
- Eric Halle̒, Regional Vice President, Eastern Canada, Dynamic Funds (Chair – CFIQ)
- Raza Hasan, Chief Risk Officer, Wealth and Personal Banking, HSBC Bank Canada
- Ross Kappele, Executive Vice President and Head of Distribution, BMO Asset Management Canada
- Neal Kerr, Senior Vice President and Head, Scotia Global Asset Management (Canada)
- Michael Konopaski, CEO, Designed Investments Ltd.
- Jason MacKay, Head of Wealth Management Intermediaries, Invesco Canada
- Karen McNally, Vice President, Head of Investment Solutions, RBC Global Asset Management
- Bill Packham, President and CEO, Aviso Wealth
- Roy Ratnavel, Executive Vice President, Head of Distribution, CI Global Asset Management
- Robert Ruffolo, Vice President, Business Development, PEAK Investment Services Inc.
- Eric-Olivier Savoie, President and CEO, National Bank Investments
- David Scandiffio, President and CEO, CIBC Asset Management
- Oricia Smith, President, SLGI Asset Management Inc. and Senior Vice-President, Investment Solutions, Sun Life Canada
- Leo Zerilli, Head of Wealth and Asset Management, Manulife Financial
IFIC also released its Year in Review – an interactive timeline showcasing the key initiatives and milestones in IFIC’s policy, research and advocacy efforts during 2021-2022.
The Investment Funds Institute of Canada is the voice of Canada’s investment funds industry. IFIC brings together approximately 150 organizations, including fund managers, dealers, professional and back-office service providers, to strengthen the integrity of the investment funds industry, foster public confidence in investment funds, and enable investors to achieve good outcomes. By connecting savers to Canada’s economy, our industry contributes significantly to Canadian economic growth and job creation.
For more information:
Senior Manager, Communications and Public Affairs