IFIC logo
The Voice of Canada’s Investment Funds Industry

COVID-19: Investment fund industry updates (July 20, 2020)

Requesting Certificates of Residence

Last week, the message posted on the CRA website said that all Certificate of Residence (CoR) requests should be sent to the London office.

The message was subsequently removed and directed all CoR requests be sent to the local CRA office.

IFIC followed up with the CRA to confirm the change and received the following response:

“The website is always the most up-to-date source for information on where to send requests. As part of our business continuity plan, during the early stages of the pandemic, the CRA centralized the certificates of residency workload in the London office and updated the website to advise where to send new requests. As we have now re-opened all offices, requests are to be sent to the office based on where they reside. All requests sent to the London office will be processed”.